P.G. Chambers School provides individual private therapy open to all children with disabilities.
Click here to view our Private Therapy brochure.
Occupational therapy services include evaluation, consultation, and individualized treatment programs to enhance a child’s ability to access the curriculum, develop life skills, and manage the physical environment.
Occupational therapy services include:
- Tasks that facilitate developmental progression of fine motor skills
- Family, teacher and community based programs to address sensory integrative dysfunction
- Adaptive equipment to promote independence in dressing, self-feeding, and computer access
- Home and school environmental assessment and recommendations
Specialized services offered by the occupational therapy department include:
- Sensory Integrative Evaluation/Sensory Integration and Praxis Test (SIPT)
- Handwriting without Tears
- Brain Gym
- Fine and Visual Motor Interventions
For more information, contact Dawn Hearne, Director of Occupational Therapy
Physical therapy services include evaluation, consultation, and individualized treatment programs to enhance a child’s motor development and provide families with the tools to help their child.
Physical therapy includes:
- Activities to facilitate a developmental progression of gross motor skills
- Individualized programs to promote the development of mobility skills
- Therapeutic exercises to improve strength, balance, coordination, and flexibility
- Use of adapted equipment, orthoses, and assistive technology to facilitate independence and mobility
- Family and child support, as well as education for management of physical disabilities
- Instruction in skills important for lifelong fitness and participation in play and recreational activities
- Promotion of health and wellness
Specialized services offered by the physical therapy department at P.G. Chambers School include:
- Equipment Clinic to help families address adapted equipment and assistive technology needs
- Orthotics Clinic to provide assessment, consultation, and guidance regarding the use of orthoses, braces, and therapeutic taping
- Aquatic physical therapy program using the unique environment of the pool to help children achieve their therapy goals
For more information, contact Maria Smith, Director of Physical Therapy
Private speech therapy is designed to meet a child’s individual needs. In addition, the speech-language pathologists provide evaluations and assistive communication and technology services.
P.G. Chambers School speech-language pathologists are expert in helping children with the following conditions or difficulties.
- Developmental receptive and/or expressive language delays
- Oral motor and feeding challenges
- Apraxia and dyspraxia
- Auditory processing challenges
- Phonology and articulation challenges
- Augmentative and Assistive Communication (AAC) Evaluations
For more information, contact Mindy Porcelan,
Director of Speech and Communication
See our 2017-2018 Fee Schedule for general cost information.